Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fox, CNN, MSNBC, FAIL O



California, Killafornia.

This whole situation with the fires in California has me concerned. Yes, I have friends out there who it might involve, and that is primary, and I worry for them daily.

My issue.

However you look at it, to the American media this is the year’s disaster and is quickly shaping up to be the next big sensationalized event. Not to say that it isn’t already, but watching it today it bugged me to see. Surely there’s a tremendous amount of loss occurring both financially, naturally and emotionally but there’s such a scramble to get the top scoop on the fire that it’s just making the coverage seem ponderous. I don’t need to know that when the wind blows it lowers the moisture value in a specific California hill grass by 22% per 10mph. frankly… fire is going to burn anything, we’re human and I’m willing to throw it out there and give the benefit of the doubt.

Disaster sensationalizing is wrong, cut it out.

Fire burns stuff. Dur hur hur…

Who knew? Right? I don’t know to whom they are attempting to appeal, but an overflow of information is like I said before PONDEROUS. It doesn’t accomplish anything but clutter my screen with pie charts, two live feeds and a ticker bar. So many colors in motion that it’s downright epileptic; it would run any anime into the ground. It’s stacked on top of the soothing voice of Lou Dobbs.

Media: Give us the information, remove the machine. Stop trying so hard, no one cares about production. We’re here for the story and the people, not your pretty face.

=Sean

1 comment:

tikilights said...

Can I.. uh.. get a ride out of here?